Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kimball Stake Dance Festival

Yesterday was our Stake Dance Festival, and it really did turn out great! I have to be honest, I am so glad it is over, just because it was a lot of work. I am so appreciative to the many members of our Stake, who gave up so much time and performed so much service to help this whole thing come together! Roma Morgan deserves honorable mention for all the work she did on the costumes. She did so much!!! Also, my mom and the rest of the YW's Presidency for their inspiration and hard work on putting this whole thing together. The theme was "Steadfast and Immovable-We're Moving in the Right Direction". The way it all came together was amazing! And of course, Kelleen Cardon, who oversaw everything we did! I know that Kaylee really enjoyed herself and I was very appreciative to all who sacrificed to make this a great experience for everyone.
Our long day began at 11:30am where the kids reported to the Interstake Center to learn the opening and closing numbers. Taught by Bobbi Rogers.

So many youth



Bert Johnson ran our music

Caroline and Kaylee-Beehives "Life's What You Make It", choreographed by Michelle Stones

My mom ran the Deacon number

These boys were so cute and my mom was able to round up PHX Suns jerseys for each of them to wear, plus she also got Suns T-shirts for them to throw to the audience during their dance-so fun for them!

My theme for the day became taking pictures of Brock-just because he hated it so much!



Each group had about a 15 min. run thru of their dance before lunch, and then we went right into our dress rehearsal.

At the end of the performance, the youth sang a beautiful song, it was very powerful!

The adult dance was pretty awesome...they all looked great! Sharilyn Wilson was their choreographer.


Emily, Kaylee & Sarah

Some of the YW participated in a specialty number to God Bless America


Tricia, my mom and I had a blast in July choreographing the dances for the dance festival. The Deacons dance was so fun...we had a blast just running around the dance studio and teaching ourselves how to dribble a basketball and dance at the same time!

And then that, turned into this...




Time for the Mia Maids & Teachers-they learned the Cha Cha...this is Skyler, he didn't like having his picture taken either.

So I kept my camera on Brock!





I got to choreograph and teach for the Laurels & Priests-we did Swing

The boys got to play drumsticks, which was fun, and I was really happy with how they performed! SUCCESS!!!


Next was the YSA-Calli choreographed a really cute Hip Hop number for them

Then was the Laurel & Priest specialty number-(that's basically all the Laurel & Priests who WANT to dance), Calli did that one too-really cute!

Julie came and watched the show!

Kelleen not only ran things, she also danced, (below),-we had two performances, one at 5:30pm (immediately following the dress rehearsal), and another one at 7:30pm, then a dance afterward. I got home at 10pm!

Overall, this was a great experience for those who came to get something out of it. Friends bonded, youth made new friends, some learned that they really did like dancing, others were showcased for the talents they had developed and the youth put on a great show that their parents really enjoyed watching.

The Stake put on a wonderful fireside tonight with a video and lots of time for the youth to bear testimonies. I was glad that I was called to be a part of this special event for our youth.

Can't wait until these guys are participating in things like that!

1 comments:

Chase & Tricia said...

I'm glad it all turned out great! It looks like it did! Why don't you ever call me back???

Tell Kaylee she looks beautiful. I love her hair like that. I can't believe how grown up she is. I love that last pic of your cute kiddos!