Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryal Boy!

From the day Ryal was born, he has always been a sweet, loving boy. He loves to play and figure things out on his own. Very independent, yet he pretty much copies everything Ethan does. He doesn't need to be the center of attention, but loves getting affection. He has always been my little cuddle bug. When he was a little younger, he would always snuggle up next to me, put his arm around my waist and give me lots of hugs and kisses. It was my favorite thing to have him fall asleep in my bed. He is a little sweetheart!

However, he did NOT like sharing with Ethan!

And he still does have a scream that just pierces your ears.

His best friend is his daddy.


He loves swimming and can swim on his own.

He was always the RED power ranger and Ethan was always the GREEN.
Ethan always makes himself the GOOD superhero and Ryal always has to be the villan. It's okay with him though, he is happy to go with the flow...which is a good thing since Ethan is his brother-(bossy!)

Ryal's favorite thing in the WORLD is playing video games!!!




All of my kids love dancing!

The boys love sports too!

And mostly, the love their daddy!

Ryal loves just being a boy!

He also loves rides and going to the park!

He also LOVES spending time with his cousins!

He has been in Tricia's tumbling class the past two years and will be starting gymnastics in the fall.

Popcorn is his favorite treat at home.

He' s always been adventurous!


Of all my kids, he is the most gentle with the babies. He can sit forever, just talking baby talk, hugging, kissing and loving the little ones. Noah just LOVES Ryal!







This was the first year that the boys didn't have a combined birthday party. Ryal usually wants exactly what Ethan wants, but this year, he insisted on a different party theme!




Ryal loves participating in whatever fun thing is going on at Grandma Ann's house.


Ryal is such a fun brother!
Ryal cracks us up daily. He has this funny sort of accent when he speaks and just says the most hilarious things. Lasterday is one of his famous vocabulary words. He made it through a small slide the other day, and he said to me, "It fits me mom!" The most recent hilarious moment was when we were watching Jumanji last week. He was very concerned about the boy who got sucked into the game. He kept asking, with deep concern, when the boy was coming back. When Robin Williams appeared as the full grown boy, I started to explain to Ryal that he came back but now he's all grown up. He had a long beard and was wearing brown clothing. Ryal saidto me, "He came back and now he's Jesus?" He's just sooo funny!
Ryal loves to learn. He does very well in preschool. He loves doing things on his own and is VERY particular about things. If you do something for him that he wanted to do himself, he will cry until you undo that thing and let him do it himself. He loves playing with Ethan and all of Ethan's friends, and he loves doing whatever Ethan is doing. He'll eat all of his veggies and then flex to show us all how instantly his muscles have grown. His favorite word while flexing, "YES!" (as he looks down at his muscles) He loves WINNING, and doesn't care how he does it. We can plan right in front of him how we will purposely lose so he can win, and he will still do a victory dance at his triumphant win! He is so much fun! He makes being a mom such a delight!

Happy Birthday Ryal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryal is such a sweetheart. Last night I got an ant bite while pushing him on the swing and when we went back inside he was SOO concerned about the ant bite. "Does it hurt you Julie??!" "Can I kiss it better?" I'm in love with that little guy.

holli h. said...

Seriously. He is the sweetest kid you'll ever meet! I love it when he talks to me and plays with my hair! I remember the first time I was leaving for college, I was really sad to say bye to your kids. When I went to give them hugs Ryal was preoccupied playing video games, but I told him, "Ryal, I'm going on a plane far away and I'm not coming back for a long, long time!" He instantly forgot about the video games and literally jumped in my arms! It was the sweetest thing ever!

Kenyon said...

Happy Birthday to Ryal. I have always thought he was THE biggest doll. I can see how sweet he is just by looking at him :)