Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ahwatukee Cinderella Pageant

Kaylee gave up her crown as the Ahwatukee Cinderella Miss on Saturday and Gracie competed in the Tot Division.



Carlie Clayton (Arizona St. Mini-Miss), Madison Curtis (2007-08 Intl. Mini-Miss) & Gracie, getting ready for Interviews

Tot Interviews

Partywear

Brynn Hiatt was the reigning Ahwatukee Mini-Miss and Katie Sorenson was competing as a Mini-Miss (both HG girls)

Gracie fell in love with Madison

Brynn & Kaylee-Reigning Royalty!
Both got to perform and give up their crowns.
Kaylee was running back and forth backstage, so I didn't get a lot of pictures of her.
Cinderella is a youth development program that focuses on poise, confidence and talent. These girls are to be dressed age appropriately, (no make-up on the younger ones), and they are judged on their personality and onstage presentation, not on their physical beauty. I love what Cinderella has done for Kaylee, and I personally feel that it is important to help girls feel comfortable to get up on stage and learn to perform, whether it is playing the piano, dancing or a simple self-introduction. These girls feel good about themselves everytime they compete because they do better each time. And I love a program that teaches girls how to act like young ladies, this seems to be lost in this day and age. These girls become great friends, they learn to cheer eachother on, and they are taught that they are ALL WINNERS!

Sportswear
"Hi, I'm Gracie Glover, I'm 3 years old, I live in Mesa, Arizooooonnnaaaa!!"

Gracie right after her on stage Tot Personality Interview, (she got a fun little goody bag), with Madison as she gets ready to perform

I don't know how she did it as a 3 year old hyper little tot...but Gracie won!!!

She was wild and out of control, she even flicked a booger on the stage during crowning and then wiped her hands on Madison's dress...but at least she was having fun, right? Embarrassing!

2009-2010 Ahwatukee Cinderella Royalty

Yeah Gracie!
Kaylee gave a great farewell speech and had a fun little final walk, but I was on stage with her so I didn't get any pictures of it. So sad.

Katie Sorenson & Gracie-HG girls!

Today, she was was so excited to tell everyone she was the winner! And her word of the day today was, "Cock-a moodle-boo!" This girl cracks me up everyday!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! All I can say is that those pictures are the cutest things ever! Gracie is adorable...I love that sportswear by the way. Kaylee looks so beautiful too.

Tricia said...

That's fun that Brynn and Kaylee got to give up their crowns together. Brynn looks so cute like always.

Megan said...

your girls are so beautiful!! also, brynn hiatt is my cousin! Lily and my mom are cousins. Small world...

Hopeharborgirl said...

Your family looks so loving and sweet.
My grand-daughter won a preliminary in our state so I want to take her to the state pageant in June. But I am confused on the clothing that she will need. She is 14 months now. Any suggestions would be great you can email me at hopeharborgirl@yahoo.com if you will.