Sunday, December 23, 2007

Our week of Christmas!

So how embarrassing is this? Scott & I have had a goal to clean out our garage for the past year. 5 kids, lots of junk + us keeping EVERYTHING = THIS GARAGE!






Finally on Thursday, Scott got a trailer and hauled our crap away!



The kids helped too, of course!








Scott did good, considering he only took half the day. It could still use a lot of help, but it works for now!













We are trying to turn it into a game room. The boys are getting a basketball game to put in there for Christmas!






Scott bought me this air hockey table the first year we were married! Every date we went on when we were courting, we had to stop and play air hockey...because I was the air hockey champ of course! Anyway, it's an awesome table...just like the arcades! The kids LOVE it!


Noah had fun watching!



So this is my sad story...

I LOVE this little dress of Gracie's and this is the last picture I will ever take of her in it because the dry cleaners ruined it. I went to pick it up on Friday and they charged me for it and sent me home with it. When I got home, all of the polka dots had been removed. I was steamin' mad of course, but, mostly now I am sad because she will never be able to wear it again:(



Cousin fun!

Lilly & Haley came in from CA on Friday and we had a Christmas gift exchange!






These Transformers helmets are awesome!



Football practice...they let Ryal on the team!

Both of the boys are loving it!




Ryal ALWAYS has to wear blue & Ethan ALWAYS has to wear green!




The boys even have their own cheering section!







For those who don't believe me when I say that my kids LOVE to sleep...

I decided to document a week of them sleeping in. (in my bed, on my side, mostly!) Sometimes Ethan will still be in bed at 11:30am!


And yes, that is Ryal in his football clothes!






It goes like this:

1. Sleep in late.

2. Refuse to take a nap.

3. Fall asleep at 5 or 6 in the evening.

4. Wake up at 7 or 8pm and stay up until midnight.

5. Climb in my side of the bed in the middle of the night.

6. Kick, hit & roll all over me + steal the covers.

7. Wake up Noah numerous times throughout the night.

8. Sleep in the following morning.

9. Refuse to take the nap that I desperately need.

10. Refuse to break the cycle.

And that's why I am sleep deprived!





This is Ethan at the foot of the bed.




















And finally, I feel like such a horrible blogger because we had so many wonderful events going on these past few days and I didn't take ANY pictures!!! My mom's family was in from CA & Singapore! We threw a baby shower for my aunt Nancy, we took family pictures at Freestone Park, we had a Ferrin family Christmas party at Carolei Phelps house yesterday, we celebrated Sam & Holli's b-day & we had a family Christmas party at my mom's house last night! So fun! I did video tape a lot of stuff, but I had kids in my hands nonstop and just didn't get the pictures I would've liked! Sorry guys!


This is our family Christmas picture 2007!

(courtesy of Trevor Dayley)

TJ , Tressa, Scott, Jheri, Kaylee, Ethan, Ryal, Grace, Noah, Tricia, Chase, Diane, Dean, Holli, Mason, Skyler, Brock

6 comments:

Kenyon said...

All of those sleeping pictures were making me laugh. I cant believe the places your kids can fall asleep! Your family picture is great, you look great. The polar express hotel was fine, nothing great, nothing bad, and breakfast was good. We got that package deal and it was perfect. We reserved in september, I think we will go again next year. Hope you have a Merry Christmas:)

kemra said...

I love the sleeping pictures! They are SO cute - those were the good old days when you could sleep whenever you felt like it! Sorry about Gracie's dress - Emma had that same one last year, and I thought it was so cute on her!

The family pictures are great too! What a great looking group!

I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

Scott and Melissa said...

All I have to say is... I have no clue how you do it!?!

Staci said...

Way to go on the clean garage!

So sad about Gracie's pink & black polka dotted dress...at least you have a cute picture to remember it:)

I love all the sleeping pictures! You guys are nice to let them pile on your bed-they all look so cute!

Suzy Cummard said...

WOW, now that GARAGE is what I call EXTREME MAKEOVER!!! I love that feeling.

The whole sleeping drama... OH MY!! We are twins with everything you said. AND I ONLY HAVE ONE! I can only imagine. I always say "NEXT baby, we will change.. looking at this post, I can see myself there after that many kids, too! The staying up late, waking up late, then not wanting to nap until 5 PM... ELLIE to a T!!!
Ellie & Gracie will be best buds at sleepovers!

Missy and David Vadasy said...

I love the pics of the kids sleeping, they are such good kids!!! Thanks again for the great picture, I love it!