Sunday, October 14, 2007

How did the Glover's spend
their October Break?
By going on a Pioneer Handcart Trek!
Ethan, Scott & Kaylee
left for the Kimball Stake Pioneer Trek
early Thursday morning
Ethan was totally excited!

And Kaylee LOVED her pioneer dress


Ethan, all ready for the road trip to the trek...


Some of the Harmony Park Gang
front row(McKay Angle, Jeremy Skelton, Zachary Skelton, Shaylee Bloomfield, Kaylee Glover, Rylan Bloomfield)
second row(Madison Moffat, Lori Hamblin, Julie Skelton, Morgan Belliston, Susan Ray, Jamie Bloomfield)
back row (Parker Moffat, Sherwood Hamblin, Phil Chiles, Steve Skelton, Dixie Chiles, Hank Belliston, Amanda Belliston, Richard Ray)
Scott & Brock pulling the handcart, Steve is pushing
Ethan, Zachary, Rylan
Strong muscles!!!These three boys are all 4 years old and are in the same primary class together...they are so cute!

Here is everyone in our Handcart
Julie, Steve, Jeremy & Zachary Skelton
Brittany & Bryce Arguio
Brock, Mason, & Diane Hale
Scott, Kaylee & Ethan Glover



Meanwhile, back at home...


We ordered pizza and pigged out!

Tricia & Chase came over...
(Notice Tricia pretending to share the food...SIKE!)

Oh, newlyweds...so cute!

And of course, we watched THE OFFICE!

Meanwhile, back on the trail...


Kaylee and my mom made breakfast
Rice 'N Apple breakfast...yummy!
Harmony Park, all lined up to go

Ethan was filthy
But he had his sack of flour around his neck
(these were worn to remind everyone how much food the pioneers had to eat everyday)

Then the Mormon Batallion came and took the men away
Scott is not the one with the peace sign, he's behind him!

The women were left to push by themselves...sob, sob!





And it almost killed them!

Well, it almost killed Jamie & Julie
Luckily Zachary was there to revive them!

Thankfully, the ANGELS came to help them out

Back at home...


I was spending QT with the little ones

Friday night, I loaded up the kids and met Tricia & Chase at Oregano's

Ryal showing off his dough snowman!

Gracie & Tricia made all kinds of animals with their dough

And "Boy Howdy", was Chase hungry!


Back on the Handcart Trek...


The kids were playing Cowboys & Indians

Ethan walked 4 or 5 miles each day
Grandma walked with him while dad pushed the Handcart

Everyone came home Saturday morning
It was a very difficult trek, but a wonderful, spiritual experience!




This last picture doesn't have anything to do with the Trek or October Break. I do this weird thing where I take Gracie's picture every Sunday before we go to church
She has so many dresses, she'll never wear them all.
Anyway, this is the one she wore today!

Gracie Girl!


12 comments:

Kylie said...

How fun! I've never done a trek--they didn't do them back when I was in YW..oh wait I did go on a Young Adult one, but it wasn't very hard! I've never seen the office or been to ORegEnos! I've got a lot of catching up on life to do! ps. Gracie looks so cute!

•stephanie• said...

amazing documentary. i'm glad you posted this so those of us who didn't go on the trek can get a better idea of how it was to be there. thanks.

Suzy Cummard said...

After testimony meeting, I wished I had gone. I had alot going on, though.
Speaking of.. your testimony was so good.

I loved reading all of your THINGS about yourself. You crack me up. I want to see you walking down the street on the sidewalk now!! HA HA.
You are so funny, and such a cute mom!! What a fun family to be in!!

Anonymous said...

Jheri, you are a pro at this blogging thing. You've got to help me out! I love seeing all the pics of your family, you guys are adorable.

kemra said...

This post was so cute - I love all the pictures. Your kids are seriously so stinking cute - I don't think they could get any cuter! Looks like you had a fun October break! Ethan is a trooper too! I can't believe he did the trek - what a little stud!

Missy said...

I have been waiting all day to post on this, Blogger geek that I am. Alright...good thing I wasn't a pioneer cuz I would have dropped dead after the first 100 ft. of the trek. I can't believe little Ethan did it. They looked so cute, and so realistic. And I am glad you got some time with only 3 kids. Funny how that is a break to us huh! Now I think you need to go on next years trek so your boogie man won't come after you...so sorry, I promise I am not making fun!!! I am sure you will be prego by then...yep, Jheri is a True Pioneer with all her 10 kids...LOL. Gracie is so peity in her peity dresses, I love her. Good job on the post, well done.

Missy said...

P.S. When are WE going to Oreganos? ASAP.

Chase & Tricia said...

Yes, yes, we had fun with the office and Oreganos- your post is so cute-I love your kids- they are the cutest!

Missy said...

Boo.

Did you get scared again?

lol.

Unknown said...

hey jheri, this is becky hamblin. these were such fun pictures to look at! i wasn't able to go on the trek either :( ok, i loved all the pics of the little boys! they are SO cute!!! they are all so sweet! i'm going to have to steal a couple of these for my blog i think! i seriously love my calling to be their primary teacher!{so does jessica!} i was so proud of them for going! my mom came back and told me that the three of them went & i couldn't believe it. i bet it was an awesome experience for them!

Chase & Tricia said...

wait- I didn't notice the first time your rude comment about me NOT sharing the food. Even though it is true- there is no need to make it public.

Cassie said...

Hey Girl, what a great family. I can't believe you have 5 kids now. Crazy. I love it. I went on a trek 2 years ago with John and let me tell you, I would rather be at home watching The Office too. This would be my second time on a trek in my life. I think I'm done. It's great to see your blog. Check my fam out at cassjohnross2.blogspot.com