Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good News...Bad News!!!

Well, it's official! Tricia & Chase are moving away for medical school at the end of the summer. I tried to convince Chase that long distance relationships can work, but he insists on taking Tricia with him.
This has been a hard thing for me because Tricia and I have always been so close. In every big event in our lives, we have been there for eachother. She has been close when all of my babies were born, and has been such an important part of my children's lives. When she did Miss Arizona, I was right there beside her, working out, dieting, studying politics and doing mock interviews. And when she decided to open a dance studio, I was right there with her too.
We've been running Higher Ground Dance Studio together for 5 years now. And now she's having to say goodbye. She's not gone yet, so I'm trying not to focus too much on the fact that she won't be here in the fall.
The good news is that I will be taking over the studio and Tricia and I have found some incredible teachers to take over the instruction at the studio.
Our ballet teacher, Nadja, is absolutely incredible! She toured South Africa with a ballet/jazz company and trained in France for 4 years. She eventually stopped touring so that she could start a family and has been teaching in the valley, at Ballet Etudes & at the college level, for the past 20 years.
Our technique teacher, Alisha, was a BYU Cougarette from 2003-2006, winning 2 National titles. She has background in several dances styles and will be such a wonderful role model for our girls.
Our Co. teacher, Calli (Huffaker) Overstreet, is currently teaching at Impact dance and has been dancing, performing and teaching for several years. She currently runs an adult performing dance team, Adrenaline, and specializes in hip hop.
We've also added some others, such as Kim Hathcock, for lyrical. Kristi Biggs will still be teaching some ballet classes & jazz. I, of course, will still be teaching clogging, since I am the very best teacher we've ever had! (joke, of course)

Anyway, I am very excited for this opportunity, to take over the studio. However, my heart is broken, knowing that Tricia will be leaving her home, her dream. I know that she has wonderful things in store for her, and just pray that she'll come back soon! ( even if Chase has to stay a little longer) j/k Chase!

Get the word out...if anyone is interested in dance lessons, we will have the very best technique & ballet instruction around...and we still have the cheapest tuition in Mesa! Our company auditions are being held Saturday, May 17th from 9am -12pm. All are welcome!

7 comments:

Missy said...

CONGRATS! To Tricia on her new adventure and to you for taking over. You are so great at stuff like this...you can do anything/everything! I for one will be very sad to see Tricia go, but since I am leaving too it won't be so hard. I am REALLY BUMMED to leave Higher Ground because I love my girls dancing there. You can't beat the Price, Instruction, and or Modesty (in costumes, so important to me)...it is definately worth the drive from Queen Creek...how far away is Utah again...j/k. I hope I can find something equavilent in UT. Thanks Higher Ground, it's been fun! Good Luck!

Jheri said...

Thanks Missy!!! Super nice of you!

kemra said...

I'm sad that Tricia is leaving too - and probably will be mad at Chase for a long time (not really Chase!). I am glad to hear that Higher Ground will still be up and running, because I need a place to send Emma where I won't have to worry about music selection, costumes, & paying an arm & a leg! I know that you will do a FABULOUS job with the studio!

Kenyon said...

How sad that your Sister is moving away. That would be really hard for me. My sister and I are very close to. What a BIG job you are taking over. I will definately need to find out more about your guys' studio. When Saylor turns 3 I will Definately putting her in Dance, so the next year I will be making my decision. Modesty is HUGE for me.Sounds like you have hired some great teachers. I know a couple of them. I know Cali Huffaker (sp?) is awesome and the others soung great to. Good luck in your new transition with Tricia leaving :)

Kylie said...

Exciting for Tricia and "DR" Campbell (does he know what kind of Doctor he wants to be?) That will be a fun adventure for them--though I am sure she will miss "home". Good luck with the dance studio-- I am sure Tricia will feel better leaving knowing it is in good hands. I don't know how you do it all!?! I feel like I have a good day if I can just get my house clean...and I only have 2 kiddos!

Jheri said...

Kylie-my house never gets clean!

kali and kason said...

don't forget about me! i am excited to start teaching at higher ground!